An act of kindness inspires,
Be a drop that creates a ripple
Help us to raise awareness about our work, or help us with fundraising
Do you sometimes think: ” My efforts are not able to make any difference, because there are way too many people in need and the problem is too overwhelming”? Then remember that none of us can fix all the problems in the world. It is, however, already worth our efforts if we can improve the life of one child.
In case you wonder:”But I don’t think I have any special skills….how can I help and make a difference?”….
By volunteering some time, each of us, including YOU, can make a big difference on the lives of others! The inner satisfaction and richness gained from this process is far beyond your expectations.
Even when you think that you don’t have the right qualifications to help, then just sit down for a minute, read the inspiring Indian story about 2 pots (click here) and realize that each of us has unique abilities, and an enormous potential.
We always welcome volunteers, and are always looking for new ideas and suggestions, including new ideas for fundraising projects! You too can make an incredible difference in the life of so many children, who are so appreciative of our efforts to help.
Stay informed and spread the word about our work:
- Join our e-mail list and Facebook to keep informed of the latest news.
- Spread the word: tell your friends and relatives about our work, and encourage them to also join our e-mail list and facebook page.
- We can also provide you with pamphlets, powerpoint presentations and other materials that you can use if you like to give a presentation about our work.
- Organize a movie screening of our award-winning documentary “Sahaya Going Beyond” (click here to view it online), narrated by Academy Award winning actor Jeremy Irons, and use it as an opportunity for further discussions.
What are possible ways to raise funds?
You can organize fundraisers with your school, parish, youth group or family. Use your creativity to come up with fun ways. Here are a few examples:
- Dedicate your birthday or another event as a special occasion to ask your friends to donate some money to one of Sahaya’s programs.
- We can help you to set up a fundraising page or campaign on our donation platform Givebutter.com
- Create a fundraiser on Facebook: create a post, add a donate button, and select Sahaya International as the beneficiary.
- If you work for a company, inquire if they participate in matching charitable contributions. Our Tax ID number is 68-0434770. If the company requests additional information of Sahaya International, do not hesitate to reach out to us (e-mail us at email@example.com).
- You can include Sahaya International in your planned giving/planned legacy program. Click here to learn more.
- Donate an old car: if you or someone you know plans to get rid of their car, they can donate it to Sahaya via our partnership with Careasy.
- You can buy or sell the beautifully embroidered greeting cards whenever you meet friends and relatives. They also make excellent presents that can be framed. Click here to learn more.
- Everybody has a jar at home with lots of money change…..ask your friends to donate that change….which together can make a big difference!
- Ask your club (youth group, book club) to sponsor a child together. For example, if your group has 15 members, only 7 cents per member per day gives $30 per month….enough to sponsor a needy child in India or Africa.
- You can host a party with:
- food and drinks
- a slide or movie presentation
- a silent auction
- a “date” auction
- music and dance
- games with prizes donated by local businesses
- A yard sale of items that you or your friends no longer need.
- Using search engines that donate some funds to Sahaya for every search you do. Click here to learn more.